NO ART SKILLS REQUIREDJust a willingness to have fun and a desire to challenge yourself!
Are you up for a challenge? Could you create something every day for a month (draw, paint, photograph, color, bake, whatever)? What about going for a walk every day for a month? Perhaps simply play a game or make something with Lego every day. Consider joining Fun A Day Exeter.
There are no entry fees and no prizes, no age limit, and no exclusions. Just a creative spark to light the gloom of February.
Saturday, 16th March 24
Sunday, 17th March 24
- pick a project
- do it daily throughout February
- document your daily works
- display your works at our group show mid-March
As examples, each day you could
- do a drawing/painting/print
- photograph something (e.g., different trees, the same tree, your cat, your stuffed animal collection, whatever!)
- bake something (e.g., a different type of scone) and photograph your creations
- collect something (e.g., leaf from a different type of tree)
- write a poem or haiku
- walk a different trail and print out the trail maps
- make something with clay/silly putty/Lego and either show the 28 creations or photograph them
- knit or crochet something
- play a game (e.g., chess) and photograph the board mid-game
- ...you're only limited by your imagination...
Join our email list to hear about future events: here
Fun A Day was started in 2004 in Philadelphia, USA by a group of friends (Art Clash) wanting to stay creative through the winter. It has since been adopted across the USA and has ventured as far as Dundee, Scotland. In 2023 it reached Exeter. Exeter residents and recent imports Stephen Fisher and Ali Lucas were really excited to launch Fun A Day in Exeter, conducted through February with an exhibition at Positive Light Projects. The response from the Greater Exeter community was immense and we can't wait to see what the future holds!
Help spread the word: